Shows
This year has been a good one for shows. Very good. Here's what I've seen so far:
April 09 - The Thermals (Wonder Ballroom, Portland)
May 25 - Animal Collective (Roseland Theater, Portland)
July 10 - Coldplay w/Amadou & Miriam (Clark County Amphitheater, Ridgefield [WA])
July 24 - The Thermals (Jackpot Records, Portland)
July 28 - Sonic Youth (Roseland Theater, Portland)
August 20 - The Flaming Lips w/Built To Spill (Edgefield Winery, Troutdale)
Six excellent shows in a year I happen to be pretty much broke is good times. Especially when one of the most expensive (Coldplay) was a birthday present and another (the second Thermals show) was free. Getting to see two EXCELLENT opening acts (Amadou & Miriam, Built To Spill) is just icing on the cake.
Coming up are some more excellent shows:
September 16-20: MusicFestNW featuring Modest Mouse, Explosions In The Sky, Sunny Day Real Estate, Mudhoney, The Dirty Three, Arctic Monkeys and many others. I have yet to get my wristband but should be doing so in the next few days.
September 26: Pearl Jam @ Clark County Amphitheater. Again.
October 20: Yo La Tengo. I'd love to go to this one...but we'll see. I don't have the money right now.
October 22: The Jesus Lizard. Ditto. I'll end up going to this one though, even if I have to cop a ticket outside the venue.
What are you all going to this year?
April 09 - The Thermals (Wonder Ballroom, Portland)
May 25 - Animal Collective (Roseland Theater, Portland)
July 10 - Coldplay w/Amadou & Miriam (Clark County Amphitheater, Ridgefield [WA])
July 24 - The Thermals (Jackpot Records, Portland)
July 28 - Sonic Youth (Roseland Theater, Portland)
August 20 - The Flaming Lips w/Built To Spill (Edgefield Winery, Troutdale)
Six excellent shows in a year I happen to be pretty much broke is good times. Especially when one of the most expensive (Coldplay) was a birthday present and another (the second Thermals show) was free. Getting to see two EXCELLENT opening acts (Amadou & Miriam, Built To Spill) is just icing on the cake.
Coming up are some more excellent shows:
September 16-20: MusicFestNW featuring Modest Mouse, Explosions In The Sky, Sunny Day Real Estate, Mudhoney, The Dirty Three, Arctic Monkeys and many others. I have yet to get my wristband but should be doing so in the next few days.
September 26: Pearl Jam @ Clark County Amphitheater. Again.
October 20: Yo La Tengo. I'd love to go to this one...but we'll see. I don't have the money right now.
October 22: The Jesus Lizard. Ditto. I'll end up going to this one though, even if I have to cop a ticket outside the venue.
What are you all going to this year?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home