WTF
It's Saturday around noon and I'm researching places to go. I'm bored to tears and I feel the need to actually do something during my vacation. I went to Montpellier last weekend but I've spent the last four days in front of my computer working on my website, recording music, playing guitar, watching the rain and generally being bored.
So fast-forward to today. I'm researching places in the Vercors (rugged mountain range that separates Grenoble and Valence) that are bus-accessible, and I stumble upon this video of a hike/drive around the village of Cognin-les-Gorges. It helps if you speak French, but you can get the gist of it even if you don't.
Keep in mind this was produced by the Office de Tourisme.
What the fuck? They can produce a pretty good video involving actors, copyrighted music and historic photos and documentation but cannot produce any sort of information on when their buses run? Or where they stop? Or how to get from one town to another? I know it sounds like I'm bitching, but when it's impossible to find any sort of bus/train timetable for the department (and their website tells you to visit the Valence tourist office-real helpful), it makes you wonder how videos like this get produced in the first place.
Only in France.
So fast-forward to today. I'm researching places in the Vercors (rugged mountain range that separates Grenoble and Valence) that are bus-accessible, and I stumble upon this video of a hike/drive around the village of Cognin-les-Gorges. It helps if you speak French, but you can get the gist of it even if you don't.
Keep in mind this was produced by the Office de Tourisme.
What the fuck? They can produce a pretty good video involving actors, copyrighted music and historic photos and documentation but cannot produce any sort of information on when their buses run? Or where they stop? Or how to get from one town to another? I know it sounds like I'm bitching, but when it's impossible to find any sort of bus/train timetable for the department (and their website tells you to visit the Valence tourist office-real helpful), it makes you wonder how videos like this get produced in the first place.
Only in France.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home